If you are in need of a dental consultation in the case of an emergency, our Madison dentist, Dr. James Tauschek, is available. While our dental office is not open 24/7, we do have a phone line that can connect you to our dentist in times of need. Following a call to Dr. Tauschek, he can determine if you need to visit the emergency room or if you can schedule an appointment at Maple Grove Dental for care on the following day.
If you are suffering from a dental emergency that involves severe bleeding, shortness of breath, changes to your heart rate, or any other life-threatening conditions, call 911 immediately!
In the case of emergency, we may recommend different treatments in order to maximize your comfort. Here are some common dental emergencies and at-home treatment options:
- Numbness – if it lasts for longer than 8 hours after dental treatment, contact your dentist or the emergency room
- Pain – if you’re experiencing pain after a dental procedure that persists after taking pain relievers, contact our Madison dentist for consultation or visit the emergency room
- Bleeding -- following a dental procedure, if bleeding is persistent and you are unable to stop it with pressure, contact your dentist or the emergency room immediately
- Infection – if you believe you’re experiencing infection after a dental procedure, rinse your mouth with warm water and, if swelling persists, contact Maple Grove Dental or the emergency room immediately
- Jaw injury – if you experience a jaw injury, it is best to contact your Madison dentist immediately for consultation or go straight to the emergency room. You especially need emergent care immediately if your jaw and teeth don’t line up properly
- Broken or lost tooth – if you suffer tooth damage or loss from trauma, contact your dentist immediately. If your tooth has come all the way out, place it in cold milk and see your dentist or visit the emergency room as soon as possible
Maple Grove Dental is Here For You
We strive to make ourselves available to you as often as possible. We open early on weekdays and keep an office line open that connects to our dentist at all times. If, at any time, you are suffering from a dental emergency and you cannot reach our Madison dentist, do not hesitate to call the emergency room and seek care immediately. Whenever possible, Dr. Tauschek will treat you and help alleviate your symptoms as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment, please call us at (608) 588-8598.
Disclaimer: the above statements are only recommendations. All proper medical or dental care is prescribed on an individual basis. ALWAYS call 911 if an emergency is life-threatening.